Addons WOW: what they are and how to install them
WOW addons are just extensions of the game, they can change its functions, interface and even style. The addons are very important to make a game more content-rich.
The people at Blizzard (the creators of WOW) agree with the use of these add-ons in their titles, they not only agree with the users to use them, but they also create the conditions in their games that are necessary for the players to use the add-ons. Blizzard offers its fans the opportunity to enrich their titles, which is one of the reasons for WOW’s success today.
Now that we’ve explained the concept of add-ons, let’s look at how to install them.
How add-ons are installed in WOW
There are two ways to install these extensions in WOW, manual and automatic (from Twitch), let’s start with the manual explanation.
Manual installation of the addons in WOW
Addons are available on many websites, these websites have extension catalogs. To install these add-ons downloaded from a website, you have to do this manually:
- Download the addon to your PC.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select the “Extract to” option. Please note that you must have WinZip or RAR installed on your computer.
- After you select the “Extract To” option, a dialog box will appear to browse the folders on your computer. You will need to go to the Warcraft folder, then select the version of the game on which you want to install the add-on, then select the “Interface” folder and finally the “Addons” folder.
The previous steps will install the downloaded add-on in the version of WOW that you selected for extraction. We will now explain how to install from Twitch.
This is the easiest and safest way to install addons in WOW. Please note that with the manual module the risk of damaging the operation of WOW is higher.
It is recommended to use the automatic module, but there are cases where you can only do it manually. We will now explain how to install these extensions automatically using Twitch.
- First you need to download and install the Twitch computer application; if it is already installed, skip this step.
- Start the Twitch application and then log in.
- In Twitch, locate the “Changes” section, which is located right at the top of the menu.
- The versions of WOW will appear in this section, you need to select the one that will be installed with a new extension.
- When you select the version of WOW, you need to click on an option called “Get more addons” and then search for the addon you want to install.
- When you get the addon, all you have to do is click on “Install”. This is the automatic way to install these addons in WOW.
From WOW – in some versions – you can enable or disable the addons.
This post is also available in: Español Italiano Français Deutsch